Announcing the successful completion of the counter-terrorism operation in the Karachi Police Office on Friday evening, Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah has assured that matches of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) will be held as per schedule.
Speaking to the media after all the four terrorists inside the Karachi Police Office were killed or committed suicide through explosions, Shah said that they were equipped to tackle such situations.
He added that they will ensure the safety of all the players visiting and residents.
Later, he visited the KPO and said that it was a deliberate and planned attack.
However, he said that the police were equipped to handle such an attack.
Rather than dent their morale, he said that senior officers led the operation against the terrorists.
PCB, franchises agree to play in Karachi
In the wake of the attack, an emergency meeting was convened in the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) between the board and the franchise owners.
After reviewing the security situation, it was decided that the security arrangements were satisfactory and that they would play the matches as per schedule in the city.
Earlier on Friday, terrorists had stormed the Karachi Police Office (KPO) on Shahrae Faisal.
After a three and a half hours, a joint operation by the police, Rangers and the army, cleared the building.
At least two police officers, a Ranger and a civilian were among those martyred in the attack and subsequent operation while 17 people were injured – mostly police and Rangers.